Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My sis's first day at school

My sister started her new career as a primary school teacher today. She sent me an email at the end of the day which I have pasted here...[Pardon the spelling mistakes... I didn't edit it because I wanted it to be authentic, and also gives an idea about what my sister is - her crappy typing, her more-crappy spelling etc etc].

Excerpts from Rose Ann Rajaretnam's email:

"u know today's my first day at school.
mom's treating me like iam t student
hughughug
anyway i met the director today
all t students were gigglin at me
i was introduced to all
the teachers however didn't like me i think
anyway
i am takin conversaation and environmental science for grade 1 2 4
the grade two guys r a little not to smart
i tried tellin them cindrella all they told me was
yes yes yes no no no
ah
grade four guys and i became friends
they r highly intelligent (I am actually surprised she got the spelling of this word right)
all 8 of tehm r gud in english they gave me t answer before i could explain them
or did i ask them the stuffs they knew
i don't know
....
i really went like a baby today
i wore pista green flowery sweter
and baby bata shoes
anyway
sope my day is over
hey alll t grade 2 students kissed me after i took class
and the grade4 students advertised they love me
i thought(taught) them to mmake paper boats today ha aha"

I am really sorry again about the spelling mistakes. As such, she takes a hell of a time to type, so she doesnt waste more on correcting her spelling. I do think the overall idea is conveyed. Her first day at school went well. Its a good thing she handles a small population of students. I guess she can personally concentrate on all of them. We both never had thought about a teaching career, so this is a totally new experience for us. My teaching was limited to one month, that too with Grade 12 students. I wouldn't say we make great teachers. I agree we would have passed off better as playmates. She can't play much though, she is getting a salary so has to be more responsible than I was. So much for a first day... More to come as and when I get her emails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home